Sunday, October 10, 2010

Socks.... can I finish them before Rhinebeck??

Usually projects for me to wear are set aside in favor of items to sell for Smile Creations Crafts, or for gifts for family and friends. This pair of socks is a prime example. I started them in October 2007 (three years ago!!!) while at a book signing by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Since then I have picked them up every few months, worked an inch or two, but always had to leave them to work on other projects.

Well this time they are destined to be completed!! Knitters love wearing their own knit creations when in the company of other knitters. Wearing knit items provokes the question "did you make that?" and can be a simple way to begin conversation with a veritable stranger. Since several friends and I are traveling to Rhinebeck, NY this weekend for a HUGE wool/yarn festival (Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Festival, to be exact), I am determined to complete these socks to wear while there.

No comments: