Sunday, November 20, 2011
A Quick Stocking - How To
1. Fold placemat (inside out) in half width-wise (short ways)
2. Trace the outline of a stocking on the placemat. The top of the stocking should be on the finished edge of the placemat and the toe should be against the folded edge, so you don't have to sew two extra seams.
3. Sew along the traced lines, then trim off the excess fabric no more than 1/8" from the seam.
4. Turn the stocking right-side out.
5. Cut a strip of ribbon or lace about 3.5" long. Fold it in half and pin to the inside of the stocking opening, making sure the loop is hanging out. Sew to the top of the stocking, stitching in the ditch of the existing edging seam.
6. Voila! You have a stocking! Decorate the outside as you wish; get creative with lace edging, fabric paint, even beads!