Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pictures .. the boring part

I know my sister would have a cow if I told her that taking pictures are the boring part of having an online store. That's because Dawn is a photographer. Owns her own studio, as a matter of fact (she's incredible; I'm so proud of her! Check her out at www.innovativephotographydes.com).

But as I was saying, to me the pictures are the tedious, boring part. I've learned a lot from Dawn, but not enough to make it easy for me to take good pictures. And good pictures are soooo important when they're the only visual people get of your product.

I usually try to take pictures in batches ... you know, photograph about 8 new items, then list them one every day or so until I run out of pictures and have to start over again. So today is one of those days. To top it off, I also have to take a few pictures for entry into a juried craft show. A juried craft show, if you're not familiar with the term, means that your items are judged --- by the pictures you take --- and then only some of the applicants are chosen to actually participate in the show. I have to submit my application for the March show this week, or it'll be too late!

It's looking like a busy Sunday! I know God rested on the 7th day, but I get no such luck! Hope He understands..... :)

No comments: