Monday, May 28, 2007

Socks on vacation

Dan and I went to WV this weekend to whitewater raft on the New River. It is the second oldest river in the world (next to the Nile) and the rapids are anywhere between class I and class V (they are classed based on roughness, danger, and size, with the highest numbers being the most difficult/rough/dangerous). It was AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, and a real courage-builder for me as I'm usually not a danger-seeker. I will post pics when I have them developed; I had to use a disposable underwater camera so it wouldn't get ruined.

Despite the price of gas these days, we drove, because this place was really in the middle of WV boonies. So that meant that I had about 16 hours of passenger time to knit! I worked on the shirt I've had started for awhile... a simple tube top in K3, P1 rib... in shimmery pink Silky Look from Sirdar. No, I don't have pics yet. But I do have pics of my other vacation project ... the socks! I now have two socks (knit of Lion Brand Magic Stripes) that are 5" each (the cuffs). Tomorrow night when I meet my knitting buddies at the Central Perk in Newark, I will learn how to turn a heel! Yay!

No comments: