Thursday, May 10, 2007

World Wide Knit In Public Day mentioned in SPARK!!

Thanks to YarnMama, who contacted Spark Magazine about our w.w.k.i.p.day meeting on June 9th. They published the info here (you need to scroll toward the bottom of the page to read it):
"KNITTERS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!" I don't know about you, but I want to check out the "Spark 7" that the editors mentioned at the end of her letter. :)

And.... we are official! Yes, our knitting gathering at McGlynn's Pub is listed as an official gathering place on the w.w.k.i.p.day website. Check it out!

In other news, I began a sock the other night, as I swore I would, at our Tuesday night knitting meeting (Central Perk Coffee Shop, Main Street, Newark @ 6:30pm on Tuesday nights. Join us!). Thanks to reluctantMANGO, who was invaluable to the socks' beginning (I confess that she re-cast on for me, after it took an hour for me to cast on so tightly that I couldn't even complete the first row of stitches!). I will post a picture of it as soon as it looks like more than a sketchy circle of stitches on itty-bitty tiny needles!

No comments: