Thursday, February 22, 2007

Duck, duck, macrame

My dad, Dennis, loves to do macrame (according to Wikipedia: Macrame or macramé is a form of textile-making using knotting rather than weaving or knitting... It has been used by sailors, especially in elaborate or ornamental knotting forms to decorate anything from knife handles to bottles to parts of ships.).

I asked dad to create some items for my shop when he had time. He has worked on several projects for me, one of which is a duck door/wall hanging. He macrames the duck body, and then I embellish it with feathers and such. The result looks like this one already for sale in my shop:



Today I finished embellishing several more ducks. They, however, are for the craft show in March*. You'll just have to come visit my booth to meet them! All that I can tell you is that one is carrying sunflowers and the other has a red and yellow bouquet.


*I will have a booth at the Handcraft Unlimited craft show March 24-25th, at the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark, DE.

No comments: