Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The mundane parts of owning a business

No, it's not all roses and entire afternoons in pjs..... although those are nice! :)

Today I realized that I need a better way to track my inventory. Not only what I've purchased in terms of supplies, but what I've made, and where it's been sold. I think at some point I'll want a comprehensive reference of everything --- even item descriptions so that when I post an item to my store, I don't have to re-invent the wheel (in the case, for example, of the Smileville Bears).

So I guess that means I'll be creating an Access database. Boring! Well, compared to crafting it is, anyway. I am a computer geek by hobby, and have taught MS Office Suite classes, so I guess setting up the database will be a fun sort of challenge. It'll be good to remember all the tips and tricks, anyway. Computers are like anything else --- what knowledge you don't keep using eventually falls out of your head. Or mine, at least!

1 comment:

none said...

I work with Access every day! If you want some help with creating an inventory database, I'm your "person!"